The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently traded a XD for a Glock Model 21. Took it to the range and it will not fire after two rounds. Took it to a shop witha Glock armorer and seems it had a poor trigger job done on it. shame on me for not checking it closer prior to trade. I was told to contact Glock, who has not gotten back to me in a couple of weeks. Can anyone recommend someone around Pittsburgh who would get it up and running again? THANKS

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
CALL Glock again, and advise that you had contacted them a few weeks prior, and no one has gotten back in touch.

They are usually pretty good about fixin' their pistols.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I called and got through after about 5 min. on hold (not too bad, I thought). All questions were answered and the 21 is on it's way to Glock. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
857 Posts
RobOz said:
At least the Glock ain't made in Croatia.
Being a fan of both and an owner of both at one time (still own an XDm)...where they are made has no bearing on their quality!

Just look up the similar torture test that the XD was put through...might be surprised!

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
RobOz said:
Didn't say anything about Croac reliability.
Ya...you kinda did. By knocking where they're made, you are knocking the quality. Having sold hundreds of each brand I can tell you that if you were to take an utter novice shooter and hand them each one, they would likely be able to shoot the XD better and pick it up faster than the block any day. The 108 degree grip angle and flat grip sides on the block being just 2 reasons why. FWIW, the XD torture test put the block test to shame. 20,000 rounds without a single failure to feed, function or fire except for I think 2 rounds with bad primers. Sure the blocks are reliable, but I never heard of them throwing a condition one pistol down the side of a mountain and had it still work.

·
Registered
857 Posts
RobOz said:
Keep on drinking the XD Kool aid. I myself will have a tall Austrian stout.
Proof is in the pudding! Don't be hurt that there are actually 2 polymer pistols out there who can hang with the GLOCK's... LOL!

·
Registered
260 Posts
RobOz said:
Yep, my 19, and 23 eat anything I put into it.. My brother in laws xdm is a differnt beast. Its very picky on what you try to feed it.

But hey, believe what you want

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
Shottieman said:
RobOz said:
Proof is in the pudding! Don't be hurt that there are actually 2 polymer pistols out there who can hang with the GLOCK's... LOL!
Yea, maybe, but it still ain't a GLOCK

·
Registered
857 Posts
Buckshot1822 said:
Shottieman said:
RobOz said:
Yea, maybe, but it still ain't a GLOCK
Funny how some guys get so bent out of shape when someone challenges the alleged "ALMIGHTY"...LOL!

I've owned enough of both to say that they are on EQUAL ground and I wouldn't hesitate to throw the M&P into the mix! BUT, what do I know, right?

Anywho, good luck with the 21 97dakota...that's a fine .45 right there! Sometimes wish I still had my 30...

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just wanted to update everyone. Ended up sending it back to the Glock factory. I came back in a little over a week. I have not had a chance to shoot it yet, but I was pretty impressed with the turn around.

·
Registered
69 Posts
mightyjoeyoung said:
RobOz said:
Didn't say anything about Croac reliability.
Ya...you kinda did. By knocking where they're made, you are knocking the quality. Having sold hundreds of each brand I can tell you that if you were to take an utter novice shooter and hand them each one, they would likely be able to shoot the XD better and pick it up faster than the block any day. The 108 degree grip angle and flat grip sides on the block being just 2 reasons why. FWIW, the XD torture test put the block test to shame. 20,000 rounds without a single failure to feed, function or fire except for I think 2 rounds with bad primers. Sure the blocks are reliable, but I never heard of them throwing a condition one pistol down the side of a mountain and had it still work.
I've done this with my XD-SC by accident. Fell outta my holster, hit a few rocks. My cousin looked over and asked if it was loaded, I said yeah. Then he asked if it still worked, turned around and shot the target. Gotta love the XD! My XD-SC is going on strong with >150,000rounds.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts