The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a Glock 23 .40 caliber and have a chance to get a good deal on a Glock 21 .45 caliber. Any thoughts on which is a better gun/caliber, mostly for self-defense? Pros/Cons?

·
Registered
20 Posts
The G21 has a bigger grip. Have you held one? Does it fit your hand?

As to what is better...I dont like .40 but you are giving up capacity going to the G21 which is also a fullsize gun, harder to conceal.

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
With a good bullet that is designed to kill bad guys, you or them will never know the difference. The 21 is a full size pistol and will be heavier and harder to conceal. Pick the one that you can put hits on target.

·
Registered
18,467 Posts
Are you concerned about carrying concealed? I have a Glock 23 and it is very difficult to conceal during the warmer months. I ended up purchasing the newer Glock 42 (.380). Here it is compared to my 23.

Rumor has it Glock will be coming out with a new single stack 9mm at the next shot show.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Glock 21 is very difficult to conceal. I have one and love it, but seldom carry it due to the need to having to be "dressed correctly" to conceal it. I can carry my 23 will little problem. 1911 compact is even easier to carry.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts