The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
glendel 3-d targets

anyone else have a glendel. i have 2 of em not sure the models but they r junk as far as i am concernd.anyone else have problems with thers? ill stick to the rienharts

·
Registered
21,147 Posts
Re: glendel 3-d targets

I've had one for about three years and like it.I've replaced the center core one time but I don't shoot the crap out of it.I primarily use a block 4x4 and only shoot a handfull of arrows at the 3-d target each time I shoot.Rienharts are the best in my opinion but they cost alot of money.

·
Registered
3,075 Posts

I've had mine one archery season and one whole 3-D season (36 weeks). I shoot GT 22's for both seasons, so the vital areas have taken a beating. I'm saving my replacement vitals for the fall hunting season. I have no complaints. Shoots like a mini-Block. Just wish I could find a real deer in Tioga County that is a 150 class like the target

·
Registered
2,683 Posts

I hear that!! I'm sure it depends on the total # of shots you put in the target and where it is hit. I have seen rineharts shot out in 1 day at an ASA shoot that were set fairly close. If you pound 1 area constantly it won't last long no matter what brand target it is.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

as far as holding up from being shot its fine.its just the way its desined.the legs are plastic an the are not held on by a hole lot. the target wants to tip over.now on the other hand i have another model glendel deer target an i like it alot.but the new one i got id rather just get rid of it. anyone looking for a target haha

·
Registered
3,075 Posts

I took the metal stand that slides together, screwed it to 2- 2X6 planks about 30" each. Deer stays very steady.

·
Banned
445 Posts

I had the original Glen Del Buck and the blew through the vital in one season of practice. Received the new Glen Del buck but haven't shot it yet. Seems like the foam insert is a lot softer in the new Glen Del buck target.

·
Registered
12 Posts

The Glendel Buck just didn't last very long for me, but much better compared to a cheap Cabale's 3D Target. Rinhart Broadhead buck is the best I have found for durability, price, and realism.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts