The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I will heading out to Glendale for the first time this year next weekend and will be targeting crappie and bass. If anyone could give me some advice on what to do, that would help out a lot.

Thanks

·
Registered
7,406 Posts
Glendale is still VERY cold. You might pick some early crappies under the bridge on the causeway.

If it helps, there are a couple of real nice trout streams within 10 minutes of the lake.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
I think this week will turn on the jerkbait bite

·
Registered
7,406 Posts
12 days ago there were still guys on the ice back in Wyreough.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What kind of areas should i try to be fishing this time of year in Glendale? I have never fished it this early.

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
I caught crappies in the spill way but they always seem to be about 7".

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey guys,
My pap and I are going out to Glendale tomorrow in search of some crappies for a fish fry. Whats my best bet to get into the crappies? We tried a little under the bridge today and didn't get a bite.

Thanks

P.s. we do have a boat.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hows everyone doing this year on Glendale with the bass fishing? I have been out many times and it seems like I can only catch the small bass. Any hints or tips to try to catch some larger ones? My guess is I need to be out on some deeper structure, but I have no ideas on where to start.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
all the big fish are coming from deep in all the lakes. that is the summer pattern

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Not so true!!!

We have been getting 20-30" walleye and 14-20" largemouth trolling in 6-10 foot of water out if Glendale on a regular basis. Surface temps in high 80's. August begins best shallow trolling season for us.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts