The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone dealt with the glen del company? i purchased the smaller 3d buck and within 2 outings the front leg holder completely broke off. i called them, and they told me to send it to them on my bill and i wouldnt be reimburst for the postage. i am currently awaiting an email from a supervisor.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
I'll never buy another one , bought a new insert this year , after a couple dozen shots with field tips, my arrows were going through it.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
I have the glen-del with the layered insert. What a pile of junk!! Everytime there was the slightest bit of moisture around my arrows would go screaming through it. A little dew in the morning was all it took.

I called them a few times and tried to find out what the deal was and got absolutely nowhere. Lesson learned on my part.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
I'm going with rinehart next year. Truthfully the cheap walmart 3d target I bought about 7 Years ago is better than that glendel garbage.

·
4,241 Posts
Haven't had any problems with mine yet but when I was at Gander Mtn. a couple of weeks ago I overheard the "archery expert" telling some guy the smaller glen del was discontinued and he would never be able by another insert.....never. He told the guy the glen del full rut was the way to go and that it was "great for PA hunters because it more accurately depicts PA bucks". The guy was buying everyhitng brand new for his 12 year old son.

I will be buying another brand when the time comes.

·
Registered
344 Posts
garbage!

Bought the regular glenn dell buck from cabelas a couple weeks back. It might have 150 shots in it, and the foam is already chipping and pulling out in chuncks! I didnt even shoot any broadheads yet!!! Im returning it next time I make it down there.

·
Registered
868 Posts
I bought the large full rut deer target and it is junk. Antlers broke to bits and the ear has broken off and the foam is chipping-off like you experienced. I'm easy on my stuff and this things is absolute junk. I'll spend the extra money and buy a Rhinehart for my next target.

Mark

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
after some back and forth e-mails, they are sending me a new body for the deer. i'm surprised that i didnt even get a "we're sorry for the inconvience" or "we hope this doesn't deter you from future purchases" but i shouldn't complain they're rectifing the situation.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
still going back and forth with emails and now some are unanswered. allegedly in the mail tomorrow but ive heard that twice last week.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts