The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope this is the right forum..

Anyway, I was just reading my very first post that I made back in November when I first joined HPA. It reads:

"Just moved back to PA. Been away for a few years. Feels great to be back where it all started! Makes me appreciate the hunting/fishing opportunities we have here. Anyway, just wanted to get to know some fellow PA hunters and learn a thing or two."

Well, I'm really glad I discovered this site. I have met some great fellow PA hunters and I've definitely learned a thing or two! Thanks to all!

Here is a vid/slide show(not the best quality) I put together of some of my adventures from the past ten months just since I've been back.

Wow, how did I ever leave this place?...It truly is GREAT to be home!!

Pennsylvania Livin' (Video):

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
Mountain,

I never left PA but came close interviewing in NC, Maine, NYS, and even a little catalog place in Sydney NE. Then I almost moved out of this corner of PA after I knew I could not leave the state entirely ...til my wife and actually some guys on here from out in East PA said "you will not be happy anywhere else...face it you are those hills"

God Bless ya man, gald you are back and enjoying yourself here in PA... and I am glad you found HPA too, your PA attitude is top notch

That video is AWESOME from the mighty Kinzua browns, to the hills, to the Steelers..to the great ending shots. I am trying to teach my son how to make these videos on the PC so he can have another element to our adventures...I am going to show him this one...

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
Just watch it again with him...and I will say it again for both of us. Awesome!

Gets you thinking about how many memories you already experienced that you wish were captured like that.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, Rooster,

It's funny, I've lived all over the world....Europe for ten years, NYS, Florida..plus five years in the military at various duty stations, and no matter where I was, I knew it wasn't where I wanted to spend the rest of my life. I always longed to come back to this part of the state.

I have tons of video clips. I'm always making little videos for my seven-year-old daughter who lives in Florida and I love sharing my adventures with her! She's never even seen snow! She's coming up in July and I can't wait!!

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
Great my son is already telling me we need to upgrade our video equipment..LOL...

Love to see more compiliations.

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
Watched it again..LOL...love the way you captured those big browns disappearing back into the green of the river. A feeling and reward any KTW fisherman can relate too.

Watching it makes me proud of my home that is for sure, I think I am guilty of taking it for granted again.

·
Super Moderator
27,980 Posts
mountainclimber, Not sure if I welcomed you home back in Nov, but if not, welcome back to PA

mountainclimber said:
"Just moved back to PA. Been away for a few years. Feels great to be back where it all started! Makes me appreciate the hunting/fishing opportunities we have here. Anyway, just wanted to get to know some fellow PA hunters and learn a thing or two."
Hopefully, in the not to distant future, I'll be heading back to PA as well. Being away for over five years now, serves to reinforce my appreciation of the great opportunities we have in the outdoors of Pennsylvania!

I can't watch your video right now (websensed on the gov't server), but I'm sure I'll enjoy it later when I watch it from home.

·
Banned
10,667 Posts
i do not know how i missed this one.....that was jaw dropping. great video and welcome back. turkey hunting really isnt my thing but the woods, the river and the steelers are three of my top 4 favorite things.

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
mountainclimber welcome home ! Great video ! Now that gets the blood pumping !

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The Steelers clip in the video is from last years AFC Championship Game against the Ravens when Polamalu ran back the interception for a T.D. It was ABSOLUTELY NUTS!! I loved the snow and cold weather. THAT'S football weather!

·
Registered
837 Posts
That was one awesome video the music was great who is that is that creed,like rooster said it makes you proud to be from pa thanks for sharing welcome back

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
I'm right there with you MC. Since my return to PA in December of '07 it has been a blur. 2 deer, tons of trout, a bunch of bluegills, time spent on the lake and creek shore, time out in the woods, watching Stillers and Penguins, PA really is a sportsmans paradise. There is alot of greener grass on the other side of the fence when you go thru this forum, but there's alot of people that have finally realized just what this place has to offer.

3 years in Vegas will make you appreciate just about anything, but I'm really glad I came back to PA. My wife didn't really care for Rapid City SD when we visited there...I personally would like to visit there again someday - I have alot of family there but as good as the hunting and fishing are there, i'd still come back here

Perhaps my return was just a timely coincidence, but I'm really happy that I've been able to introduce my son to all the outdoors has to offer. I won't hog your post with pics of his cheesy grin...but you shoulda heard him a couple nights ago telling the wife just how much better skwerl pie is than the trout cakes (which he loves like nothing else)...she was

·
Super Moderator
27,980 Posts
Finally got a chance to watch the video, mc. All I can say is....AWESOME!!!!!

and it made me a bit homesick!

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
JasonBTravel said:
I'm right there with you MC.
Wow, Jason, So you know EXACTLY what i'm talking about! I think it's awesome that your son is able to enjoy all that the outdoors has to offer.

Oh, and welcome home!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts