The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Steelers are pretty much locked into the wild card after last nights debacle in San Fran. Given that, is there ANY reason for Ben to play the rest of the regular season? They're gonna wind up playing the Texans or Broncos in the first game (looks like). Doesn't it make sense to get Ben as healthy as possible for that game? Plus, the Steelers play saturday, so this is a short week anyhow. Additionally, the last two games are winnable regardless of who is QB. I'd sit Ben. What do you think?

·
6,669 Posts
Nope, it probably should have been benched before halftime today. He is a great player, but, no one can play their role if they are seriously injured. Isn't someone else in the NFL have the same exact injury and is listed as out for several weeks? I thought I heard that tonight

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
Yeah, Adrian Peterson but RB's need to be more agile, and quick. If Ben were an everyday pocket QB it probably wouldn't have hurt his game as much but he still couldn't step into the throws and when he can't escape the pocket, he is just a mediocre QB at best (with the O-line that he has to work with).

Heck, the second interception, he had gobs of time and still sailed it to Miller.

I agree he needs to sit and get healthy for the playoffs though. I'd rather play Denver in Rd #1 but it would be nice to knock the Texans out as well.

·
4,245 Posts
I think he should sit but that isn't going to happen. His pride won't allow it and ultimately he is the one telling them how he feels. After last nights game though you could see he just wasn't right.

That said, I think Batch is serviceable but 75% Ben is still better. Of course against the Rams I could play QB.

·
Registered
7,680 Posts
So do you think they'll put Clipboard Charlie in or Gary Coleman??

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
They need to sit him until the playoffs. He and Pouncey both. There is no reason in the world to play them now.

Whatchyoutalkinbout MQ-1! Leftwich has a broken arm.

·
Registered
7,057 Posts
How abouyt Mr Dixon? I thinbk I'd sit Ben, and stat Batch. He was very servicable last year while Ben was on timeout.

·
Registered
12,352 Posts
So, what happens if the Stillers win out and Baltimore loses one, we win the AFC north right?

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
I would sit Ben, Pouncey, Troy, Woodley, and anyone else with a dink or sore spot. As mentioned before start Dixon if he can go and save Batch in case we need him.

·
4,245 Posts
PossumBackstrap said:
So, what happens if the Stillers win out and Baltimore loses one, we win the AFC north right?
Correct. If the Ravens lose they fall to 11-5 and if the Steelers win out the go 12-4. Head to head won't matter since the Steelers have the better overall record.

That said, the Ravens have a cupcake against Cleveland and then the Bengals.

Any given Sunday though!

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
PossumBackstrap said:
That is how it sits in my head too...we still got something to play for. but i think we could do it with a second stringer, instead of what we saw last night.

On the game against SF, I must say watching Harrison administer blackouts is much more fun than watching the worst hosted game ever. Hey California pay a bill already...LOL, last night had zero entertainment value, NONE, I am surprised they did not switch it over to ESPN8 after the second YAWN blackout.

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
PossumBackstrap said:
Yeah, but that is not likely.

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
RB-HPA said:
Hey California pay a bill already...LOL,
They would but San Fran is too busy spending money on protecting illegal aliens, marijuana "clinics" and banning Happy meals, plastic bags and soda machines.

·
4,245 Posts
Speaking of entertainment value.....or the lack there of. My favorite part of the broadcast last night may have been when the oh so amazing John Gruden said this (paraphrase) "Boy I love seeing that, that is what you want 11 guys on defense that tackle."

Well no <self-censored> sherlock!

My personal preference is 3 guys that tackle, one that looks lost, 4 more that CAN'T tackle, and a few guys that run a 5.5 second fourty for covering the deep receiver!

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Backwoods said:
Speaking of entertainment value.....or the lack there of. My favorite part of the broadcast last night may have been when the oh so amazing John Gruden said this (paraphrase) "Boy I love seeing that, that is what you want 11 guys on defense that tackle."

Well no <self-censored> sherlock!

My personal preference is 3 guys that tackle, one that looks lost, 4 more that CAN'T tackle, and a few guys that run a 5.5 second fourty for covering the deep receiver!
Change tackle to block, and you just described the Steeler offensive line.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Buckethead said:
RB-HPA said:
Hey California pay a bill already...LOL,
They would but San Fran is too busy spending money on protecting illegal aliens, marijuana "clinics" and banning Happy meals, plastic bags and soda machines.
I could go for a marijuana clinic in PA. But banning Happy Meals is just unAmerican.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts