The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
6,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just looking to grill a few up and want to know what you all stuff em with.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I can mine, I stuff them with sauerkraut and put in a pickling brine with a clove of garlic and a sprig of dill from the garden, cold pack them for about 15 min until the lid seal good, when you stuff them be sure to put a hole with a fork in the very bottom of the pepper or the sauerkraut will bubble out when you cold pak they are great and are really good to take hunting with a sandwich, Good Luck

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I can mine, I stuff them with sauerkraut and put in a pickling brine with a clove of garlic and a sprig of dill from the garden, cold pack them for about 15 min until the lid seal good, when you stuff them be sure to put a hole with a fork in the very bottom of the pepper or the sauerkraut will bubble out when you cold pak they are great and are really good to take hunting with a sandwich, Good Luck

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I use jalepeno, poblano or long Italian hots (depending on what I got and how hot I want the end result to be). Make a filling out of cooked hot sausage (venison is great) mixed with some prepared stove top (or similar) cornbread stuffing and shredded mexican cheese. About 40 percent sausage, 40 percent stuffing and 20 percent cheese. Split peppers lengthwise, seed and remove webs, fill with mixture, place on grill. Ready when the skin chars and the cheese melts. Can do over a campfire. Used to use this with my scout troop.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
I mix phila cream cheese, herbed goats cheese and some shreded chedar for stuffing, then wrap the long way with a strip of bacon.

·
6,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys these will be on my grill next weekend im trying both my pepper plants exploded this year and im having about a dozen people at camp ill let you know how it turned out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts