The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
did ya see the scumbags faking injury to get the subs in while the rams were in the no huddle .... what a farce .

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Shady, yes. But it is legal. Its not as if they were videotaping defensive signals and correlating them with down and distance or anything like that. That is the reason that you get charged with a timeout inside of two minutes if you have an injury.

·
6,669 Posts
They must have been watching some soccer games

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
it's been going on for years. nothing new with faked injuries. imo if your to hurt to get off the field then you shouldn't be allowed to return for the rest of the game. i never played a sanctioned football league due to genitic back issues but did do the town team thing, we played other towns. i went out once for a knee to the ear( only went out when they couldn't get the bleeding stopped in the field), back 1 play later with my ear packed. i recorded one dislocated shoulder and 3 broke ribs during that game. none were mine and got a price on my head after the game. the next wek we played the next nearest town and they was head hunting me. i broke an arm that week. how i would have loved to play outside linebacker or corner in school and the coach wanted me to but i couldn't

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
I agree it does happen all the time. It was just freakin hilarious two guys tried to do it at the same time. Talk about an epic fail! Next time I bet they take the time to get a designated injured guy before the game starts.

·
Banned
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
steelerfan58 said:
Shady, yes. But it is legal. Its not as if they were videotaping defensive signals and correlating them with down and distance or anything like that. That is the reason that you get charged with a timeout inside of two minutes if you have an injury.
i believe they were out of timeouts, i believe the faking player should have to sit out at least the next quarter.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
nfl said:
When asked for a comment on the situation, NFL spokesman Greg Aiello pointed to the league rule that states: "The Competition Committee deprecates feigning injuries, with subsequent withdrawal, to obtain a timeout without penalty. Coaches are urged to cooperate in discouraging this practice. If a player or club admits to it, the action would be subject to discipline."
Yep--I bet they get right on that one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts