The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It’s never totally OFF, however I do set the dimmer pretty low April through Early July. I’m usually heavily focused on fishing and family camping trips/vacations. With licenses going on sale tomorrow I’ve found myself checking prices on trail cams and browsing archerytalk for arrow deals. Either way, Pink envelopes will have stamps on em’ before we can finish our last beer on 4th of July weekend.

What’s new in the cards for everyone this year?

For me, I’ve got my bow shooting better than ever with a proper tune and went to a heavier arrow. I’m also planning on buying a Jersey license and taking a stab at a nice buck still on summer patterns in early September.

·
Registered
9,108 Posts
The only time the inner fire dies down for me is shortly after the late season ends but heats up in March when I start shed hunting. Also during spring gobbler . As soon as we hit June the flames are blazing and all I can think about is buying hunting equipment.lol
Explained to my wife how the items I plan buying are a necessity a few weeks ago. Not sure she is buying it but seems to be okay with everything as long as I give up chewing.
Anyhow changing my bow set up pretty drastically. New broadheads, dropping the poundage, new rest and new sight.
Also putting boots on the ground at least once a week and studying a lot of satellite images looking for new areas to explore.
Plan on hunting further away from home this year but a lot of work to do to find areas that I feel are worthy of the long drive.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
I spent three days last weekend camping and walking woods in Wayne National Forest and really liked what I was seeing and I finally got a trail cam picture of a dandy in the making here in Pa. So yes I'm getting excited. I'm planning on putting in a fall food plot this year also, so I have been planning on what and where to plant.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Going to be a big year for me. I have hunted so many years with the flintlock and this year I am going to change it up and go with a new crossbow and hit the woods early. I hunted with a bow some years ago and have always enjoyed being in the woods that time of year. Food plots here at the house will make hunting close to home easy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts