The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided that my 2500HD crew was getting too blah, i mean what fun is blah...does not help that my kids in wayyyyy into trucks too putting ideas into my head.

Got the 2" front level from Rough Country, getting installed and realigned as we speak. Still only got the 265's on the original rims, but one step at time. Bigger tires are great for looks and I can now gain at least another inch of clearance by going to them but we will see....it is still my daily, and has some towing and hauling to do, and as the paint will tell you this in no show truck..LOL.

I took before pics this morning, will post them and the after pics tonight or soon anyway.

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
Better wait on that paint job. Johnny will pick it apart if he does not do it. If he does it you may never get it back because he will never be satisfied.

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You ain;t kidding. He said he can buff it out to make it look like new ...but not with one of those wallyworld orbital buffers,he wants the pro kit approaching $200.

Considering his career choice he may just get it.
All of our vehicles are a few years old and would give him great practice. That is if he has any openings in his schedule...LOL

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
Looking forward to the pics, it truly does make them a different looking truck. You saw the pics of mine, and I am very happy I did it. My son did the same thing to his 1500. He then put the bigger tires on the stock alm rims at the same time......sure made a better looking truck out of it.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
You're going to love the leveling kit, my son had
it done to his 1500. It changes the whole attitude of the truck, he also took off the front air dam, it gives it a cleaner look.

·
Registered
5,350 Posts
I have a leveling kit on my GMC 1500 Sierra crew...you may want to consider putting a block in the rear as well especially if you ever tow anything or haul stuff in the bed. It will look like you're doing a wheelie. that said you will love the stance of the truck once its leveled as FLD said above....it changes the whole attitude of the truck.

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Finally my before and after Pics....I love the level, nothing too drastic, i think it rides better too. I can put 285s or 305s on it now, but don't plan to do that til next tire change. That can pick it up a little more .

Before the level

And after...

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nothing yet...that day i had over a 1/2 ton of lime in it, two spray tanks, and hauling a ATV trailer and it rode fine, it looked funny at the lease casue of the uneven ground I think. I think the 3/4 ton suspension and frame helps it not wheelie as much as expected. We will see for sure when I go get a 1 ton pallet of wood pellets slid in the back....

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
All I had done was the torsion bars cranked up to level the front. I have 285s on it now.

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yep that will lift the front too...all these level kits do is give you a different torsion key so you don't need to crank the bars, also gives you an extension and HD bracket for the stock shocks so they are not stretched out any. For a hundred some bucks..also need to realign it, but you would need to do that with a torsion bar crank too, likely even more. If I put on bigger tires I am also getting new shocks at that time too.

I really do think the ride is better with this kit in, might of lost some aerodyamics by raising the nose , but if you are driving a truck and worrying about that, buy a crossover or a mini van...LOL

1 - 13 of 13 Posts