The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Dennis and John found a cheaper place to get the printing done and after considering everything, we decided to go with it.

The price is $26.00 for 500 color cards.

I need to know who is in as soon as possible, especially with events coming up

Like I said before, they will be good to have for personal contacts.

I also updated the business cards a little. They are more appealing and have a better chance of being remembered. I also made the deer a little more intimidating by tilting his head down and adding a few layers to get the glossy look to the text. BTW, the cards will be cut an 1/8" smaller than what they show here. It is due to having a full bleed on the color and to make sure I had everything inside those points so nothing gets cut off.

I just used Eric's as an example

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We need to wait to see how many are on board.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
27 views and only 4 responses. We need a yes or no answer guys so we can have this done before events start.

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
Just wondering where you are planing to get them done at? Not to be rude but the price does seem a bit high. Have you checked out some sites online?

Just to name a few:
http://www.vistaprint.com
http://www.uprinting.com

I know it all depends on what you are getting done as things such as glossy, raised print, paper weight, edging ect...can start to drive the prices up quickly. So its pretty hard to compair prices on the sites unless you match them to what you guys got quotes for.

·
Registered
11,357 Posts
The prices we got are from a shop called ABA Printing in Pine Grove, PA. Walt can elaborate on the extras, but I know these are the specifics on the color: Color cards: 14pt C2S with UV coating on both sides

these color cards are not chintzy cards, these are top notch, knock your socks off, eye catchers. That was the point we were hoping to make.......get a card that forces someone to look at it once, twice and not forget it. You only have one chance to make a first impression

·
Registered
11,357 Posts
hey guys, I thought the price was good, it is a bit better than the first place we thought about. Apparently I thought wrong so I am going to leave it up to Walt, but I feel as though it is important for everyone to have the same quality cards. It won't look good if 20 reps are running around out there handing out cards that are all different, it is hard to create a good impression that way. I am going to get my own printed up from the images I have and leave it at that. If Walt wants to release the files that he worked hard to create to you, then that is up to him, not me.
thanks for the input though, I never had colored cards printed so I had/have no idea what a good price actually is for them.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The price is actually very good for what you get and is the lowest out of 9 printing companies, but I understand the issues. $35 is a great price though and is around .14 cents per card. I would love to have all the reps carrying around the same card, but it is more about personal preference and just getting the name out.

Here is what we can do if at least 18 people go for it...

250 full color, 2 sided C2S cardstock with U.V. for $35.00 plus tax or
500 full color, 2 sided C2S cardstock with U.V. for $45.00 plus tax.

The above prices do not have the B&W cards with it. I could send out an email to all of you with the general B&W file so you could get those done yourself.

I originally wanted to get them done locally or at least in Pa. That way the money we spend goes to support businesses here in Pa. and not elsewhere in the US or even other parts of the world.

I can understand the price issues, but after using 3 other online companies in the past, I found that they are sometimes unreliable to say the least. As far as the pricing goes for online, the same C2S cardtock and U.V. coating on full color, 2 sided business cards will run within a couple dollars after you include the shipping costs. Also, if you get them done online, some business use copiers to print them rather than off-set printing.

Here is what is going to happen. Wednesday, I will count how many people want to have the cards done professionally by ABA Printing in Pine Grove. After that, we will get an updated price and move forward.

If you choose not to get them done right now, I will send a locked .pdf to your email so you can get them done when you want.

·
Registered
5,867 Posts
Walt - left you a message this morning on the cell # I have for you. Give me a call after 5pm today if you can.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was going to send you an email anyway...lol. I will call around 7 if thats ok

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
After talking to Rabbit410 tonight, it seems like we have a winner as far as pricing goes. His daughter deals with some printers and this is a price she came up with AND it doesnt matter how many people get them, it is still the same price.

500 Full color business cards, printed on C2S and U.V. coating on both sides for $30.00 + shipping.

So lets start this all over, How many guys want to them done now?

I am assuming the guys that said they wanted them at $54 would still want them at $30. So how about the rest of you?

So far it is:

Dan
Tim
Dennis
Dean

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I hope to have a number interested by Wednesday or Thursday, then we will go from there.

So we have so far:

Dan
Tim
Dennis
Dean
Chris
Eric

1 - 20 of 45 Posts