The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
also with the baloon i herd that electrical tape will work too to put over the muzzle.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I use electrical tape on mine with no problems. Never had a problem with my inline in the rain or snow.

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
Encore and omegas are just like taking the 06 out in the rain, no problems if you use a little TLC.

·
Registered
12,369 Posts
I have a CVA, not the kind you have....

The last day of early muzzleloader season last year, we got pounded with rain...

I just kept the end of the barrel pointed toward the ground each time the rain let loose.....

Saw 1 deer all day and it did not give me a shot...

After my buddy and I were done hunting, I fired it into a target at the farm... Went right off no problems at all!

·
Registered
575 Posts
If you have a closed breech inline and cover the muzzle end you should be good. I have a Knight open breech model so I have to be careful with that in the rain. As for covering the muzzle end I have used several types of tape, a piece of plastic and a rubber band, a sandwich baggie a piece of bandaid and a finger cut from one of those yellow rubber gloves used for dish washing. Caution do not cut the finger off one while the wife is wearing it.

·
Registered
145 Posts
after alot of thought i'm not even gunna fight the rain with the front-stuffer this weekend. instead i've got a nice duck hunt lined up. a plastic sandwich bag and a rubberband have worked fine for me in the past though with my h&r inline.

·
Registered
12,369 Posts

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
Tape over the muzzle, and keep the lock area of the gun under your arm, or use one of those calf's knee leather covers. Or use my method, I stay home when it rains. I hunt for fun, and I get no enjoyment from hunting in the rain.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts