The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like to ask any one here like the above german 4A reticle for average deer hunting let say out to 200 yards?
I did read they are excellent in low light conditions but I wonder how much different are they compared to the duplex reticle?
I have a mil dot on my 30-06 from Sightron that I really like but out to 200 yards the set up is excellent.
I was thinking on the Sightron German 4A scope

·
Registered
14,314 Posts
I've never actually used it....just know what it is and 'think' I'd like it. I do have a Nikon with the BDC reticle and it's kind of similar....duplex for the horizontal portion and a single fine hair going up. The circles are underneath giving a similar type look. Heck...this is easier:

I don't see a lot of scopes that are worth a hoot and that I can afford with the G#4 reticle....that's why I've never tried it.

·
Registered
654 Posts
There is not that much difference between a duplex and the German 4A. It is thicker than a duplex on the bottom, left and right but the same width as the cross-hair on top. You don't need it there so that doesn't cover anything you might want to look at. I suppose the thicker posts help in low light. I have the 4A in a Sightron SIII. It is nice scope and reticle.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
who needs mildots out to 200 yards on a deer rifle, particularly a 30-06, outofstater? Sight the rifle 1.5-2" high at 100 and hold dead on all day long. =Dead Deer.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
to be very honest I still playing with it I only purchased it on a close out sale.have tested it in a heavy cross wind at the 300 yard mark works outstanding.I like the clarity of the scope but I will state no need for it at yardage out to 200 yards here in the N.E. for deer hunting
The scope is a Sightron SI

1 - 6 of 6 Posts