The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

Gentle Ben

14K views 48 replies 48 participants last post by  DennyF 
We knew him as Gentle Ben, and most all knew him as a good man who would share whatever he could with other sportsmen. I remember he put open invitations on here for people to come stay at his place and camp, and do organized (somewhat) Flintlock hunts.
He will be missed by many, I'm sure, and by us here at HPA.
RIP Gentle Ben.

ClearvilleRichard C. Eckman Jr., 74, of Clearville, passed away on Monday, Nov. 29, 2021.
He was born Monday, Nov. 17, 1947, in Johnstown, PA, a son of the late Richard C. Eckman Sr. and Edna M. (Ingold) Eckman.
Although he didn’t have any siblings, he considered his friend, Frank Folb, a brother.
Richard graduated from Greater Johnstown High School in 1965. After graduation, he worked for Kennametal for many years until his retirement.
He enjoyed hunting with all of his buddies from Canada and loved his Basset Hound, Lucy. Richard was also a very giving man. He would always help his neighbors with mowing, plowing snow, and whatever else needed done.
Friends and family may share memories online at www.donelsonfuneralhome.com.
Arrangements by Donelson Funeral Home LLC, Everett, PA.

Never met him but seen the things he has done, I even tried to get out there for a flintlock hunt a bunch of years ago. R.I.P. ben

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.