The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a preditor 4000 from harbor frieght.
I'm looking for a way to add an auxiliary tank so I don't have to get up in the middle of the cold night and put fuel in the tank.

Has anyone altered their fuel caps to accept an aux tank?

Thanks

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
Any number of ways to accomplish this.

first, find a good clean gas tank off an old rider mower or something like that.

After that, mount it so it is secure and tie into the gas line of the generator. Some gas rated tubing and barbed connectors should do the tick and be cheap as well.

Depending on what you want and how you plan to use the genny, no real need to even mount the second to the genny frame. Lots of easy quick options.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
I assume that the carb is not part of the tank,does not bolt directly to it, if that is the case, get a metal 5 gal gas can, we then soildered a shut off in the can ,in the hole we drilled at the bottom side, gas line to the card make can higher than motor-- a 5hp briggs, with a transfer pump will run 20-23 hours on a fill, if the card is bolted to the tank, I do not think it can be done?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If I "T" into the existing fuel line.
Would I need a [censored] off valve at the "T"?
It shouldn't mater if the two tanks are open to the carb at the same time, but what if one tank was empty?
Would this cause a vacum and pull air into the line?

·
Super Moderator
4,596 Posts
If you tee into the existing fuel line you would feed from both tanks if they are both the same height.If one was higher it would fill the other tank.Not a problem unless the lower one is vented.Probably would be better off to convert to propane and run a larger propane tank.Probably cheaper to fuel also.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts