The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw the largest flock I have seen in years about an hour ago, headed Northwest. There were five distinct VEE's, and well over 1000 birds I'm sure. The wind here is gusting 20 or 25, and the poor birds on the outside would move 20 yards in with the gust, smacking into their buddies in mid air. It was pretty funny to watch. It would take several seconds for the gang to get back in synch, then another gust would blow them all over again. Sure sign of Spring right there.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Even now i have seen many large flocks migrating south...they are getting harder and harder to understand with the mild weather these days

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Canadas. Yes going Northwest. They were making a heck of a racket too with the wind smacking them around, they did not seem happy!

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Sa 2 large flocks of divers flying over Pymatuning yesterday. Both flocks had close to a 100 birds in them. Heading towards Erie.

·
Registered
400 Posts
saw about 1000 snows heading north this afternoon

·
Registered
13,199 Posts
Saw canadas out feeding early yesterday. Also a lot more birds than I've been seeing. Hopefully some snows are right behind this push of canadas.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts