The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a question about shooting sticks??? What might someone use who has a hurt left shoulder when they are right handed to keep the barrel elevated on say a 60 inch gun @ 9 pounds?Not off the store shelf but something from the woods?

·
Banned
1,089 Posts
Dog wood is usually straight with lots of good "y"s for elevation. I had a piece of ash with a hickory dowl and holes drilled down the ash so I could change the elevation.

My buddy who hunts Africa told me that they carry two pieces of iron wood or bamboo tied with a lanyard to make a pair of shooting sticks. Says that African hunters have been doing that for more than 100 years.

GBJ

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Hey GBJ---thanks---great idea----I have a very dense section of bamboo near me, so cutting a few pieces will be easy enough!! They grow nice and straight too. I think I just might have a spare piec of black walnut drying in the shed that has/had a nice Y at the top but was planning on using it for propping up the front of the diamond shelter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.