The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My landman has been dragging his feet,after offering 5750/acre,he hasn't been willing to accept the addendums I added.He said most offers in my area 'Bradford County'are now down to 4000/acre.Anyone know what the going rate is?

·
Registered
8,133 Posts
last price i heard was around $6000.
things that i have heard of that may affect price
1. area land is in
2. how soon they plan to have activity in that area
3. what companys have the land around you leased
4. how many and what type of addendums you ask for.

obviously there have been up's and downs in the pricing. when the friendsville group signed, it sparked a spike in interest and priceing. maybe this is the calm before the next spike???

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks buzz,
I called friendsville group,but the they were all signed up!I hate getting jerked around by these clowns!

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
South West PA we are at $1,800/16.75%/5 year... seems low but that is what it is today (Range). -SL

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
#1642598 - 02/22/10 09:01 PM Re: Gas Lease Prices Dropping? [Re: FLDBRED]
Deer archer
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Washington PA
South West PA we are at $1,800/16.75%/5 year... seems low but that is what it is today (Range). -SL
Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote Notify Email Post
now up to $2,500/17%/5 yrs. Getting better but not worth a signature yet.

·
Registered
100 Posts
This may be the same game they played at least 2 times before. They start dropping the offers in an attempt to create the illusion that you are losing $ if you don't sign immediately. I signed for less than I had been previously offered because the scum of the earth land man outright lied to me. There is a reason that landmen are not local. If you have a sizable piece of property that they can't go around they will eventually wantit if for no other reason than to keep the competition out. They would much rather deal with you than have to negotiate with another gas company. Just my two cents based on my experience.

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
Still messing around with the landmen. Same company different person 17.75%/$3,000/5yrs no surface.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
timberdoodle said:
I signed last week 4500/18% 1 year lease Talisman (Fortuna)
One year lease!Way to go Doodle!

·
Registered
24,935 Posts
could have been a one day lease Dan... The day after we signed got the Declaration of Pooling and Utilization in the mail. Should be another one coming soon.

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
By the time N.Y. state approves drilling, my son in Tioga County N.Y., will have to pay the oil companies to drill a well.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts