The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally think I have this thing figured out.I was out Thursday night and found a 1967 quarter,1966 penny and too many pull tabs. Today I was at the brother inlaws house and let my nephew use the machine while I dug. We found 2 nickels,4 pennies and one wheat penny. We're getting there!

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Sparkchaser , if you don't already have one , get yourself a good handheld Pinpointer .It helps save time finding object in the hole and your dirt plugs ....
Also gives any youngsters that want to help you a better tool to locate the hard to see smaller objects .

·
Registered
11,357 Posts
4x4dad said:
Sparkchaser , if you don't already have one , get yourself a good handheld Pinpointer .It helps save time finding object in the hole and your dirt plugs ....
Also gives any youngsters that want to help you a better tool to locate the hard to see smaller objects .
X2! My garrett propointer is worth its weight in gold. Recovery time is amazing along with being able to dig a much smaller plug. IMO it isn't a "want" its a need for any dedicated respectable digger excavating in public places or yards.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
I just picked up my second pinpointer . First one still works fine , but the kids want to help now and I don't think it will hold up to abuse . You guys here convinced me to get the Gerrett . It truely is well built and worth every penny . Thanks for the advice !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts