The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the first time I am having problems. Been using Garmin products and software for years. Is anybody else having problems? I was unsure where to post this.

Garmin has a new software program to update your mobile GPS like my Nuvi 2455LMT. Garmin Express. I installed it without any trouble, and it worked fine. It also told me that I need a bigger micro SD card, so I got one. I know its not the card cause I used the original one and getting the same results. Receiving errors saying now it cant read the device. I have several USB cords and tried them all, nothing.

Open up Base Camp, this too had an update. Attached the GPS, another error and a message telling me to update the device software. But it cant read the device! LOL!

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
I have Garmin Base Camp loaded on my computer. I have not tried plugging in any of Garmin products because I don't need an update as of yet. I'll have to give it a try.

There is a section on this site lower down the line that this can be posted on. (The Field Gear Forum)

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Cn you go back to the old version? I haven't messed with my Garmin Montana in a few weeks. I am still learning everything there is to do on basecamp.

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Nuvi 2455 is the type of GPS that is used in a vehicle. It can be used like walking in a city, but I would never use it in the woods. I have another one for there.

I have been on hold for the last 30 minutes with Garmin, they keep saying. "Due to an unusually high call volume......" Yeah no kidding! They really screwed things up big time and now they know it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts