The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
if you can get a whole birdseye microSD chip it might be a better option.

as a whole the birds eye maps are nice ,but more aligned for use on a PC thru basecamp.
the problem isn't the maps ,its more to due with the small size of the handheld screen.
they just show better on a big screen and high definition.

if you subscribe to the server for maps there is the time consuming task of down loading the specific areas you want.
even after adding extra storage with an SD chip, storage on the handheld is limited.
once you DL an area its yours and stored in basecamp
you can then link to your PC and swap mapped areas on and off the handheld as needed.

I personally border mapped all the SGLs and SF etc. in my area and load them on the handheld as needed

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
It is well worth the money. I have most of Western, PA and all of the spots we hunt in Maine on one chip. No swapping area's around. If you download on the highest resolution, you won't have any problem seeing land features on your handheld. Where it really comes in handy watching your dogs to see if they have crossed creeks, logging roads, are nearing the edge of a spruce cut, or even seeing cuts and spots you didn't know about while you are actually in the field. I think it's silly to have the system and not the birdseye map, they are awesome.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts