The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at the prices of these collar setups I am wondering if those of you that use them feel they are worth the extra $$$? I currently run just a beeper with shock and recall tone. My new setter ranges bigger than previous dogs that I have had so many times she is out of beeper range for my old ears, but also I would like to know how far out she really goes because my old knees cannot get to her on point when she is several hundred yards out.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
I have three mini collars and really like them. Much better than the sportdog tek I was running. I read some bird dog guys dont like the training setup. I mostly use the tone, with nick once a year or so when they stop responding to tone. Of course the "don't taze me bro" setting comes in handy when they run a deer, but done properly 1 or 2 treatments solves the trash problem.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
as r2c said if your dog is already ecollar conditioned its a great collar.
the versatility is endless ,so much so , no two people use them alike
I just use the basics
tone for recall ,the beep and buzz feature when my dog points out sight and to locate her.
I also mark grouse locations.
but its capable of so much more and still worth the $ for me

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Totally worth the money, especially with a bigger running dog. A bell and an Alpha is what I go with

1 - 4 of 4 Posts