The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just stopped at Gander in Muncy, Pa. and they were told today that the store will close at end of the month. Guns, ammo and generators 25% off, and they said everything else is 50% off. Got some archery accessories while I was there, and yes they were half off..Just thought everyone would like to know.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
They did the same thing here in central Bucks Co when they closed that store. I got a great deal on the Xbow Block.

Thanks for the heads up!

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, the store did just reopen I’m guessing about 2 yrs. ago. I just went in today to buy an orange vest and a gentlemen shopping which I struck up a conversation with told me about it. I’m really depressed about it, nowhere around Muncy to buy hunting stuff.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
I know it`s not much but there is Walmart in Lewisburg and did you try Geiser Gun in Sunbury, off I think Lenker ave. and the old Martz`s Gun off rt 147 near the new construction site and there is another near Fetters Meat between Lewisburg and Milton. they are worth a try for you seeing you don`t have much selection up your way. hope this helps some

·
Registered
68 Posts
Just stopped at Gander in Muncy, Pa. and they were told today that the store will close at end of the month. Guns, ammo and generators 25% off, and they said everything else is 50% off. Got some archery accessories while I was there, and yes they were half off..Just thought everyone would like to know.
Have you been to Drop Tine Archery in Elimsport? They have about everything for archery including indoor ranges. Also starting to carry guns now too. Prices are ok but you’re supporting local.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
I recently heard Droptine is under new ownership? Never cared for the old people there or their prices! Nice store but not the best location.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I was at that Gander Outdoors 2 weeks ago. 50% off would get their prices down to the price of where everyone is regular priced.
Was looking for a Limbsaver slip on recoil pad for my wife’s shotgun and it was $39. Went to Walmart and it was $19.97.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Lol...Remi why do you think they are going out of business ?

They carried to much junk that was so high in price that nobody could afford it ! Heck they had like 2 isles of Yeti coolers, 2 or 3 rows of $2000 bikes ! It was nice when it was Gander Mt when they first opened before they added the addition on ! After that all the prices went through the roof and they started adding allot of junk !

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Was back out Saturday night and I was surprised by how much stuff they had still there. Had to wait about 1/2 hr. to get checked out but at 50% off I didn’t mind it..

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I was there today it was a madhouse. I put my stuff down and left. The checkout line was at least an hour long. All crossbows and bows gone. very little binoculars, still some nice scopes, limited hunting clothes, all St croix rods gone and no kayaks inside don't know about in the back.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
At least this time ,since the closings are not across the board (not bankruptcy), people are not getting stuck with gift cards, like the first time around. If I remember right, when Gander Mountain went out, they did not honor gift cards, leaving a lot of guys holding worthless plastic.

The guy who opened Gander Outdoors, Marcus Lemonis, is supposedly an expert at rescuing distressed businesses. At least that's what his TV show says. He fixes "broken processes". I guess this venture proved too difficult to fix.

Retail is a tough racket these days.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
I was there a few days ago and also put stuff down, never seen lines like that even at Wally World right before Christmas! I was there today also and looking pretty bare? Guns and ammo still 25% off but what else is left is 60% off.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
I imagine whatever guns remain, they will ship back to their warehouse for distribution to stores that remain open. I doubt if guns and ammo will see additional markdown. They are high dollar items with little markup. The clothes and other items have more markup and they are probably at about the break-even point at 50% off.

·
Registered
9,708 Posts
Since he owns Camping World, I heard he's selling off any of the Gander stores that don't stock campers and stuff

1 - 16 of 16 Posts