The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When working the action on a 1966 Gamemaster, the action bar lock is not always or totally moving in the up position. I can really slam in forward and it still gets stuck on that corner of the action bar, allowing me to continue to work the action. If I put a litle pressure on the bar lock with my finger, it jumps up where it belongs. What can I do to solve this problem?

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
drop the trigger group and pull the magazine and spray the heck out of it with brake free. could be all gummed up.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You guys are not going to believe this. A sling stud was added to the forearm at the end of last season. This rifle is not the free floated barrel, but the older model that attaches to the tube. When my buddy turned the stud in, he also turned that 5/8" square. I turned it one way, and the action bar lock was free. Turned it the other, and made things worse. Made a few adjustments, end of story. Swivel stud removed, square thingy set back where it belongs, happy gamemaster. I knew it was something like this, because this rifle shot the lights out every time. Time for a 5C doe with iron sights!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts