The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How is coyote hunting on SGL's? I might try SGL 211 for yotes, but was wondering if a lot of guys pressure them.

·
Registered
295 Posts
not sure about ur area but around me the woods r dead till the coyote contest then good luck had 2 critters stolen from my traps that weekend. now i dont set till after deer season and pull b4 the contest starts b play it safe.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I've hunted SGL 110 a couple times, I did not see any other hunters , nor yotes. However I know that there are yotes there , i've seen tracks and droppings. I also shot one on bordering private property on the 1st day of rifle in 90. Good luck.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I was coyote hunting yesterday on sgl 210. Lots of sign but no action wind was brutal. Do usually see many hunters but there are a few guys who will trap the area. I covered every field back to field 20 and I didn't come across any traps. I am pretty goos at picking out a dirt hole set and all the spot I though would be good locations for a set were clear. I thought for sure someone would have traps out for cats saw cat tracks in 2 locations. If it wasn't so far from my house I would set a few traps after Christmas

I have hunted 211 in Clark's valley a few times got some fox but only called on yore in. We just called the fields along 325 maybe better is you get away from the road. When we hunted it there was a road kill laying in the field and my buddy spotted a yore at it one eve on way home from work so we went back and called that area.

·
Registered
18,595 Posts
Gamelands around my area are pounded. I usually don't even attempt calling them. Seems like every year there are more and more guys out there squealing like rabbits.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts