The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are State Park Rangers able to write tickets for Game laws? What is the difference between a warden and ranger?

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Park Rangers, DCNR, and WCO's can all right tickets. The differance between them is where they patrol and who they work for. Wildland there are Park Rangers who do not work for the DCNR. I was actually talking to one last night who patrols a federal forest.

·
Registered
730 Posts
PETeacher said:
Are State Park Rangers able to write tickets for Game laws? What is the difference between a warden and ranger?
yes state park rangers can write citations for Game Laws and fish laws and same for fish officers and game officers..usually they will just contact the local WCO and let them deal with it but they will sometimes write the citation

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
There are even borough police officers that can if they go thru the training.

I know Monroeville did this with with several of it's officers
because so many guys were hunting in the 'burbs because of the vast numbers of deer.

WV Gino

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
If the road is in a SP then they can in fact enforce the vehicle code.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Some years ago, a WCO stopped my brother in law for driving on a DCNR road marked closed. He did not prosecute but instead turned the info over to the State Park ranger, and a citation was filed the next day. Cost him $186. This is the manner in which one agency usually handles violations normally prosecuted by another agency.

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
Trying to find the authories granted to DCNR Park Ranges is next to impossible.

I tried looking it up, but couldn't find anything. I did find a forum where someone said they do go through the Act 120, but are not certified through MPOETC.

·
Registered
8,510 Posts
DCNR officers enforce vehicle code throughout state forest and state park roadways.....they even set speed traps up down around the Michaux area quite often

1 - 13 of 13 Posts