The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just started getting a prescription out here in KS. So far I received two copies and they have come around the first week of the month. Can't wait for 3rd one to get here any day now. I think I have read the first two cover to cover. Really missed reading it of the years. I have always found it to be a good read.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Seems like over the years, the game news has changed from having a lot of good hunting stories and how-to articles, to more of a Game commission publication where they are promoting themselves and about what a great job their people are doing. I still read it cover to cover but would like to see more stories.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Seems like over the years, the game news has changed from having a lot of good hunting stories and how-to articles, to more of a Game commission publication where they are promoting themselves and about what a great job their people are doing. I still read it cover to cover but would like to see more stories.
It always was a Game Commission publication I would expect they would promote the agency and the job it does in their magazine. In many cases people would not know what they were doing because you sure won't see it on the 5 o'clock news!

·
Registered
807 Posts
My HS library had a subscription and I always made a point to read them cover to cover ... I got away from it after high school until my younger son passed his hunter safety class last year and then he got a yearly subscription from that for some reason - i still enjoy them ...

·
Premium Member
Ravin R9
6,220 Posts
I would love to read those old ones. You have some lucky grandkids. Mine are just getting guns. I will same mine from now on. As a kid I read the neighbors. LOL
Every so often I'll dig one out to read. Brings back a lot of memories of my early hunting days.
Must have been around 10 years ago a HPA member posted he had this GN collection and were free to anyone who wanted them.
I sent him a PM and asked if I paid the postage would he mail them to me. He kindly said yes.
So the rest is history. Just wish I could remember the nice fella's name.
The grandkids will be getting guns also.

·
Registered
5,382 Posts
Best story I read was a warden reports. Warden came a cross a couple hunting. The wife had a license and a gun and the husband was tagging along. Warden suspected the husband was going to shoot and use the wife's tag. So he asked her if she knew how to shoot the gun. She said hang your watch on that tree about 100 yards away and we'll see. Warden said OK. Bang the watch disintegrated. Here the wife was a state champ rifle shooter.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts