The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A buddy of mine said to me game comm. bought land off route 192 2-3 miles east of Center Hall that use to be Decker's. This pass deer season i noticed vehicles parked at the edge of the woods.

I a long time resident in the valley, no one was allowed to hunt that land. He even came after you while spot lighting his fields. Anyways does anyone know for sure if its game lands for sure and or how do i find that information on the web site? Thank you for reading...

·
Registered
9,724 Posts
if it's game lands they will paint the border trees with a big white dot. post some boundary signs, and if they create a parking lot, there will be a "bulletin board" with the rules and regs on it. Depending on when they bought it, it may take a while to get the border marked, but it will definitely be marked before fall hunting season. You should find a transfer ( if completed yet) in the courthouse, and you could always call the regional office for your area.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
I know that the PGC announces new GL's(or additions) through the local media, on their website(news bulletins)and also they generally put it in the Game News. As a last resort you could call the regional HQ

·
Registered
53 Posts
DCNR actually bought the property and it is legal to hunt that property now. I dont think they have all the boundaries marked yet but if you park up near the gate you will see the hunting regulations posted. And no you wont have to worry about anyone coming out with pots and pans banging them together to scare off the deer. I remember those spotting days on the Decker property you are referencing and had my share of run ins with them on a family members property that borders that property. Im glad to see it is finally open to the public to hunt.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
When the DCNR purchased Camp William Penn in the Delaware State Forest from Philadelphia, it took a few years for everything to be marked and the camp buildings to be demolished.

It was published and the locals started hunting it right away. After two years, most of the old posters were gone and the neighboring private land renewed their posters.

Now, after 4 years, the gates are up and a parking lot established to keep vehicles of the old camp roads. The parking lot was placed for people to fish the lake.

A few other roads that allowed one to park off the road a bit have been blocked by boulders and the little entering/exiting State Forest signs now mark the sides of the roads...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts