The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my camera out less than week, went to check this morning and it's gone. That's it not buying another one, just too many thieves.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
You just need to get better at hiding them. Put your camera high in a tree with a covert mount. Don't use a cable lock or strap, they stick out like a sore thumb and are basically worthless.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Learn to hide it and buy a very small sized one. Camo,Camo ,Camo Be creative and you will still need to cross your fingers. Think outside the box

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Sorry to hear of your loss. If you decide to go back to using trail cameras, set up a dummy or cheap one as bait with another hidden but focusing on the bait one.

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
If I were a young hunter, I'd take it as positive. Positive in that your hidden spot was easily found. What a hidden spot you picked?
Unfortunately, many just look at the action of the thief, as thief, and not as more brilliant thief. I'd be asking why I wasn't smarter than the thief and what I did wrong in not locating the trail cam better. There could be a number of errors you're making, that can now be adjusted in future hunts. A mistake made this year, does not have to be repeated.
It can be your picking of sites is average or below. The thief did something right. Maybe it wasn't wondrous work.

·
Registered
982 Posts
My brother had one smashed apart and the card and batteries stolen. It was in the middle of some thick stuff. Not sure why people go to the extremes to do stupid stuff.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
mus42tang said:
If I were a young hunter, I'd take it as positive. Positive in that your hidden spot was easily found. What a hidden spot you picked?
Unfortunately, many just look at the action of the thief, as thief, and not as more brilliant thief. I'd be asking why I wasn't smarter than the thief and what I did wrong in not locating the trail cam better. There could be a number of errors you're making, that can now be adjusted in future hunts. A mistake made this year, does not have to be repeated.
It can be your picking of sites is average or below. The thief did something right. Maybe it wasn't wondrous work.

Don't see how someone stealing your trail cam is positive. It's a shame that we have to worry about such things and people can't respect other people's property.

·
6,466 Posts
mus42tang said:

·
Registered
12,209 Posts
This is disgusting vandalism. I can see that some people don't appreciate tail-cams and are even against them. But to smash another person's proberty for any reason shows a level of childishness and, to me, criminality that is unacceptable.

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
mus42tang said:
The thief did something right.
One of the more ridiculous assertions I've seen in a while.

Sorry to hear about your loss, Andy. I've had a few stolen over the years, and it sure ain't a good feeling.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts