The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was cutting firewood at the south end of the property yesterday and noticed some partial ears of corn laying around. I was about 30 yards from the property line where the neighbor's corn field starts. Sat down to take a rest and drink a soda and saw a squirrel hauling a partial ear of corn from the corn field into the woods. And then the little rat tried to take it up the side of a maple. He made it up about twenty feet and then dropped the ear. I've seen them do this along the fence row, but never that far across the line.

·
Registered
822 Posts
30 yards ??? You my friend a just a little paranoid get to a MD that Specializes in
ThAT KIND OF ILLNESS , right away before The Break The Break Of Dawn 12/26 .....lol

·
Registered
12,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Maybe the PGC trained them to do that to raise revenue. Kind of like the mtn lions to reduce the deer herd for insurance companies.

·
Registered
19,941 Posts
CBB said:
You better shoot em! Wouldnt want to be caught "baiting"! Lol!
Wouldn't he be conspiring with the squirrel to hunt over bait by shooting the squirrel over bait?

·
Registered
4,333 Posts
I watched a doe walk down thru the woods 1 year with an ear of corn in her mouth and she was at least 50 yds from the field.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Two years back there was this buck that came pass my stand with 3 ears of corn in its mouth and it was at least 1 mile from the corn field.

·
Registered
13,493 Posts
In the past I've seen squirrels hauling ears of corn into the woods past my treestand when it was over 100 yards from the field. Especially those big fox squirrels.

·
Registered
8,756 Posts
We don't have any corn fields in my area, but I saw a bear carrying a recycling bucket about a mile from the nearest road one time. I didn't check to see what was in the bucket...I wasn't close enough.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts