The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have yet to see how they perform on deer unfortunately, but they tuned beautifully for my G5 quest.

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
Great head, killed over a dozen deer with them. With that said though I shoot Slick tricks now and probably won't change!!

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
sparkchaser said:
They are nice. Easy to re-sharpen and you don't have to worry about them opening. Trouble free.
x2. Thay are all I, my dad, and my two buddies have used for several years now. No complaints.

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
Just started to use them this past year. Shoot right with my target points and I can re sharpen them.

Only shot one deer with them thus far, but was impressed with the ability to cut thru some backbone on a high entry angle shot and on thru the vitals. Took off in a dead run and only made it about 70 yards before crashing.

Previously I was shooting slick tricks but kind of lost my confidence in them.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone, Muzzys aren't what they used to be, so I was looking for a all steel head. Im gonna try them out.

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Used them for a couple years.

Fly like darts. Easy to sharpen. Very durable.

But..... Had one fail to penetrate on a fairly hard quartering away shot. Cost me a 140's buck and left an animal cut up and wounded.

Switched to Steelforce heads right then and there and have never, EVER considered any other head since. They are THAT GOOD.

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Pahack said:
Thanks! Good Advice, plus Steel Force are made right here by me!
That is another HUGE reason I shoot em !!!

PA product made by PA people !!!

That and they just freakin' straight up WORK !!!!

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Pahack said:
Yep.

And............ I have run these heads up to right around the 310 fps mark and they STILL flew like darts.

Can't see me EVER switching as long as these are on the market.

·
Registered
8,801 Posts
Strut10 said:
Used them for a couple years.

Fly like darts. Easy to sharpen. Very durable.

But..... Had one fail to penetrate on a fairly hard quartering away shot. Cost me a 140's buck and left an animal cut up and wounded.

Switched to Steelforce heads right then and there and have never, EVER considered any other head since. They are THAT GOOD.
I've used G5 Montec's since they came out and like them. Strongest modern head out there.

The Steelforce reminds me of the old Satellite Titan SS, which was a great head. I used them for years and they always penetrated great and left a large wound channel.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I shot the Titan on Easton 2413's back in the day. penetrated like a knife through butter

1 - 18 of 18 Posts