The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of going back to fixed heads out of my TenPoint Titan and was wondering which you would choose and why

G5 Montec
or
G5 Striker

Thanks

·
Registered
881 Posts
I just shot a doe last week with a 100 gn montec. 330 Gps from my xbow. No blood trail. Nothing. She only went 50 yards luckly. I DON'T LIKE NO THAT THERE WAS NO BLOOD TRAIL.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies I'm leaning towards the Montec because they have practice tips available and the one piece construction seem more durable

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
Gunjack said:
I just shot a doe last week with a 100 gn montec. 330 Gps from my xbow. No blood trail. Nothing. She only went 50 yards luckly. I DON'T LIKE NO THAT THERE WAS NO BLOOD TRAIL.
The lack of a good blood trail is not always the fault of the broadhead. A slightly high hit with a higher than optimal exit wound will result in the chest cavity filling with blood but a poor blood trail. Not bashing you, just speaking from experience. Been there myself more than once.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I used a g5 montec as well. Zero blood trail. Will never use it again. Shot good from thunderhawk, but again left zero blood.

·
Registered
19,563 Posts
I have had great luck with Strikers. Saw a heart shot doe hit with a Montec that left essentially no blood. Can't explain it but I would not believe it if I didn't see it.

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
At the recommendation of Arrowhead I went to the G5 stryker this year out of my ten point vapor.

Shot a mature doe on a steep angled ravine from 20 feet up. Arrow penetrated high on deer near top of sholder blade and cut thru a portion of a backbone and drove on down into deer vitals.
She took off in a dead run and I heard her crash. Blood sign was marginal with high hit and her running full tilt, but she only went about 60 yards in a semi circle.

Retrieved the broadhead from inside the deer. Blades were all in tact and you could see the chiseled edges on the blade that cut thru the bone.

Thus far, I am pleased with them. Hope to get another chance to try them out this week.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Been using Montecs for several years they are great simple design ONE pc.
No problems with blood trail until this year but I hit him high double lung from just 12 ft up just how it works.
They fly great and very durable do plenty of damage.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts