The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I just wanted you to know that the derby went very well. I handed out alot of flyers and answered alot of questions.The event went so well in fact, that Dan and I talked about having another one in August. This time though Shooting the X and HuntingPA.com Fishing Derby.

Plans are already rolling along. Since Dan is a Carlisle Police Officer, he knows the owners of most businesses in the area. That in fact will help us in planning.

AS it is right now, participants will register at http://www.shootingthex.com when the time comes and then to complete the registration, they need to come here and post on a thread in the Waterfowl forums about their planning to attend. ( Will hopefully have a sticky for that thread)

With the businesses, Dan and I will be talking to a variety of businesses for prize donations both in and around the Carlise area. Gift Certificates, Cash, Prizes ect...The Derby today had a prize amount totaling $1000. Dan and I hope to have the next one around the $3000 to $4000 mark. We also talked about having door prizes. For the door prizes, the participants will have to come here and check the same thread they registered on.

Like I said, the details are still being worked out but it looks very promising. I will keep everyone up to date.

Walt

·
Registered
28,493 Posts
That is real GOOD to hear.

Seems like this year is real flat for event attendance so any success stories are encouraging.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts