The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anybody has tried these fusion fletchings. I've been shooting blazers and fletching my own arrows with blazers for some time now with no problems. I recently picked up some of these fusion veins and i'm actually having problems getting the vein to sit completely flush with my arrows. My question for anybody that has shot these is: Do these fletchings help enough for me to try to get these fletchings to seat on the arrow correctly or should i just cut my losses and stick with the blazers?

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Did you get the 2" or 4"? I've used the 4". They work great for hunting, but they are extremely heavy. The directions say to use a 2 degree offset. Believe me, that's all you need. With that offset you shouldn't have any problem.

·
Banned
462 Posts
spur said:
Did you get the 2" or 4"? I've used the 4". They work great for hunting, but they are extremely heavy. The directions say to use a 2 degree offset. Believe me, that's all you need. With that offset you shouldn't have any problem.
Well sir your definitely mistaken....Fusions dont come in 4", they only come in 1.5, 2.1, and 3. As for being very heavy...in comparison to other vanes of the same length, they are not much heavier....maybe a grain or two for all three vanes!

For the OP I have used all 3 of the Fusions and you dont need a severe offset with them nor do you need much glue...these veins like less glue much more than excess glue!

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
I tried the 2" also. Mine whistled when they flew though, which is why I tried the 4". I liked the 4" for broadheads or 3" as stated by 86, maybe they were 3". The Fusions are a stiffer vane compared to the Blazer.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
I just put on some of those plastic ones that go on with boiling water and work like Heat shrink electrical wrap. They are great. No more fletching for me.....try em. 2" BTW

·
Super Moderator
7,917 Posts
I've had trouble getting them to sit properly. I have a less expensive Bohning jig, and the glue wants to run toward the lower side. What typically happens is there's a corner or edge of the trough where the glue didn't attach the vane to the shaft.

They seemed to seat better with less glue, but over time those edges started lifting.

I love them, though, but I don't know if Blazers are better or worse, as I went from "regular" 4-inch vanes to Fusions when I switched to Full Metal Jackets. They are deadly accurate as I have it set up. Just need to get them set up in the jig right.

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
I switched to Fusions this year. I don;t think there is any difference with accuracy between them and Blazers with my set up.

I do think that there are not as tough as Blazers. I have ripped two so far shooting groups. With Blazers i never had any rip, they would only peel of the arrow and could be reused.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts