The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never realized buying a camper would increase my posting so much.......😃

Have a furrion connector to hook a solar panel to, which allows me to trickle charge my batteries.

When I hook directly to the battery terminals, the charge controller works and all is good.

When I try to use the furrion port, the controller doesn’t display at all..... essentially doesn’t turn on.

I replaced a blown fuse but cannot get the port to work. Any suggestions on troubleshooting the port and wiring?

·
Registered
6,485 Posts
Try contacting the place you bought at or the company that made it and see if they could help you. Never had a camper , but that is the best I could come up with.

·
Registered
7,560 Posts
..Was it the solar panel to battery fuse that you replaced?

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
..Was it the solar panel to battery fuse that you replaced?
As far as I know, yes.

Was told by the camper dealer service dept. that it would be located under the camper, next to a junction box on the opposite side of the trailer from the connection. That's where I found this one....was 15 amp, (although service dept said it would be 10 amp).

·
Registered
385 Posts
Never used Solar, but might be something in the attached link. Reading through it briefly, the fuse is mentioned as being 10 amp like your dealer said.

Can only add that if you have a panel made for Furrion systems, might be something simple like dirty contact surfaces, which a good spray of electrical contact cleaner on both plug and port could fix.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts