The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to start trapping again after many years. I have not skinned a fox or coon for along time. I am in the process of starting tpo build myself a trapping shed. Until I get this built, I won't really be able to flesh out my hides. I used to skin the critter and roll it up and freeze it. I cannot remember if I want to have the fur side out when I freeze them or vise versa!

I never fleshed my furs when I was younger, I would thaw them a day or 2 before selling them and the buyer knew I was new to trapping and never docked me too much for this.

I need to learn how to flesh my hides and dry them when my shed is built. Does anyone know any videos that show the fleshing process in great detail. I know I can probably go on youtube for this, but I'd like to have a good quality video for this.

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
there are lots of videos out there. i never bought any so others can recommend which ones. i have seen a few good youtubers on fleshing though.
as for freezing.... its fur out... rolled nose to tail and double or triple bag if freezing for a long time. make sure hide is combed out and dry before freezing. at least thats how i do it if i dont have time to flesh until later.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks to all.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Not to take away from this site. There's a guy who runs Swamptalk.com I guess. Has allot of vids for learners or those who want to. Could Probably get him on youtube also.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts