The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
HPA Admin Approved Vendor
6,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First I want to thank everyone for the many kind words about my photos, it is much appreciated.
This red squirrel collage is the result of roughly 80 shots.
These little speed demons are so fast and animated that it's almost impossible to catch one still long enough for a half decent pic.
Most of these shots were shot with a 500 shutter speed and a 400 ISO. If you ever want to practice catching quick animal movement they are the subject to photograph. I thought I was getting good with the birds but these little turds humbled me real quick. But its was fun never the less and a learning experience.
Hope ya like this one, the shot in the center of the collage kind of reminds me of one of the Steelers on line.

Griz

·
Registered
16,275 Posts
I don't know what it is, but red squirrels are my favorite critter... I love them. I told Zimmer the same when he was occasionally catching one in his yard in the morning. They are nifty little creatures.

Thanks Griz, you get great compliments for a reason. You snap good photos! And know which ones are good!

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
I think I saw a red squirrel once over 10 years ago, and would love to see one again, they're pretty small right?

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Great shots Griz

One endearing thing about red squirrels---they don't hold gray squirrels in real high regard either

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
wampire said:
I think I saw a red squirrel once over 10 years ago, and would love to see one again, they're pretty small right?
Yea and they always show up when your are waiting for the deer to come in.

·
HPA Admin Approved Vendor
6,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks John, when I was preparing the link for my photo sales I had to move some things around and I lost it. I'm still trying to get used to my new host site and many things are different from my old one. Tough teaching an ol dog new tricks but here it is.

Griz

1 - 14 of 14 Posts