The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sounds like we are going to have some interesting weather for the last day of Muzzy. We’re suppose to get 3-5” in 4E, keep the powder dry and we should survive.. lol

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Oh my every track is fresh today. The smoke is going to fly. IMO a flinter's dream day. Memories will be made and youths will be dragging. With any luck and the youths successful, even I may be tagging. Good luck and have fun everyone!

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Excellent, beautiful day to be a be a flinter.
I’m out enjoying our last day ( in 2D ).
Following fresh tracks!!

·
Registered
957 Posts
Barely a flake here at the house in Harrisburg area.Maybe in the mets some came down.Stayed home due to illness.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Doe seen today but no bucks ..We only hunt Bucks and our crew is tagged out but me this year I passed on 2 six points so it was lonely day for me by myself with wind blowing..

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
There's nothing better than flintlock hunting in the snow, except maybe bowhunting a cold snap in early November. We did a few small drives, and then posted on a field for the last hour. On our second drive, we managed to put a decent-sized doe right in the lap of my best friend's dad, and he made good on the shot. Other than that, we had one miss, two FTF, and we passed on some small doe at last light... the thought of cutting up deer outside in 9° weather for maybe 25 pounds of meat just wasn't that appealing. All in all, a very satisfying day in the woods, and a fitting end to another deer season.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts