The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Nice video. Good patriotic music! Good action. Did you catch some trout that weren't on camera? If so, did you catch all browns?

I know someone who fished the Gunpowder years ago and he concurred that it is heavily fished. He said he was the only one he saw fishing spinners that day too.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks!

I use the original Go Pro hero model with a chesty mount. Simple but works.

Yes I caught a mess of fish but the vast majority are very small...that's the way this river is. I have fished it for years and my biggest brown is 18". It's almost too cold for baitfish and feed...that's my theory. The trout density is crazy but a decent fish is like 12-13" with anything 16" or over being huge.

All fly guys...and you get looks as well...but they don't know the rules...😜😜

I fly fish as well but for productivity here nothing trumps a spinner IMO.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
My friend said that most of the fish he caught were small. He also said he got disdainful looks from some of the fly anglers. Some of that may just be that they are not happy seeing other fishermen there, and some may be that they don't want to see any spin fishermen. Have any of them ever made any remarks to you about spin fishing? Unless someone makes a remark about spin fishing, which hasn't happened to me streamside for a couple of years, I blow it off.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No never get remarks but you get that "look"...its no big deal but it does rub me the wrong way sometimes I have to admit.

I love trout.

For me it's not about the "how" I get to appreciate them up close its making sure I do get a chance to that...what ever is the most efficient way that doesn't hurt the fish will be what I use....if that makes sense.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts