The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Interested in hearing what you guys think?
Woman in active front line duty??
For me, the world continues to turn upside down...

·
Registered
12,209 Posts
I saw that news report as well. Here is my 2 cents. Things, all things, are changing and especially in our military. I believe that the fact that women are not physically as strong as men is being mitigated by the advance of technology. There are combat roles that women can fill as well as men. I am talking about tank operations (except loader); helocoptor pilot / gunner; crew served weapons to name a few. I do not think women should be deployed in infantry units. Sure there are some women who have the same strength and stamina as the average man but I think that this quality would not be very common and the present standard should not be lowered. I also think that the underlying question is along the lines of what will including women along side of men in combat do to our current structure and perception of combat soldiers as being "men"? Also, there is the issue of equality relative to treatment. For example: Yesterday Hillary Clinton, our Secretary of State testified on the Bengazi fiasko. During her testamony she was both angry and overy emotionaly when she CRIED. She CRIED for god's sake, and the press releases I read intimated that she should be given a "pass" becaues of the tears. A woman as seasoned and profesional, and in the position as our Sec of State cried.... No man would be given a pass for that behavior. If women are to be equal with men in combat then they need to get over the emotions that are built into their DNA and not rely on tears for sympathy. That dog will not hunt. So, while I beleive that there is a place for women in combat units I do not think that this as an across the board type thing and that their roles should be considered with care. The concentration should be toward building combat effectiveness and NOT sactifice this quality on the alter of political correctness. In closing if there is anyone who does not see how technology is changing combat then I would suggest that you take a look at the TV presentation "The Rise of the Drones" that was on last evening.

·
Administrator
29,861 Posts
I'd like to nominate Sandra Fluke to lead the first all Dem all female patrol in Afganistan.
Perez Hilton and Piers Morgan should be included in that patrol.

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
Women have been in harms way in the military for a long time. Here is a picture of one of my Sons and his unit as they were getting ready to leave Fort Lewis for Iraq. They trained the Iraq police in Tirkuit (sp) and were out on patrol almost every day.

The Good Lord was riding with them every step of the way as they all came home. They lost some vehicles and some were injured but all came home together.

I think this was taken in 07 or 08,before his first tour in Iraq. He is the fifth on the right.

They were a hand picked group and he told me the ladies were as tough as they were good looking.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts