The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
John asked me to post this for all of you to see. He made this post yesterday in the "Moderator's Only" forum and verified that he cannot access HPA from work today.

Here is what he wanted me to post:
"Just want to let you guys know that tomorrow when I go into the office a new web filtering system will be in place. ALthough I am not sure if HPA will still be accessible, I highly doubt it by the sounds of it. Last time they sent around an e-mail and everyone complied for about 2 months, then it was back to normal...I think they are getting more serious on information protection and hacking.

I recently tried to decrease my time online at work, after all it is work...but it did come in handy to take care of a couple issues during the day.

My guess is I am going to be doing ALOT late night and early morning before work, which should pretty much use up all my PC time, so please don't wait around forever for me to respond to something before you act...act on the conservative side and we should be OK, if not we can claer it up in the evening.

I have alot of irons in the fire here in trying to get some good growth , but I will have to set my reachable limits and just reach them .

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up. I might have to get one of those phones that can surf the net, anyone know a good verizon phone that does that?"

·
Registered
9,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
He just asked me to post this as well:

"Emergencies, site down, etc…, folks can hit my cell phone 814-706-5412"

·
Registered
5,867 Posts
Sorry to hear about your misfortune, RB! Don't know how I would get along without regular "fixes" of HPA during the day!
I have had both a Treo and a Blackberry (both through Verizon) that could access the web - I struggled to use either because of slow speeds and also size of screen. I have tested the iPhone and it is way better on both counts! Problem is - it's ATT, not Verizon. To keep Verizon, you may have to go to something like the Droid.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts