The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my season has been somewhat shortened, with news I received this week. As an unemployed retired vet, and newly graduated college student, I was going to really dig deep this trapping season, however I was blessed by receiving a call from the Bureau of State Parks with an employment opportunity that was just too good to decline. So though my season was shortened, I sure am happy I now have a full time job.

·
Registered
749 Posts
congrats on your new job...a little over 2 years ago this happened to me..i was all geared up to go full bore on the next trapping season and i landed a great job..while in my head i was still saying i was going full bore on the trapping..but when trapping season came around i realized with all the responsibilities i had at work and learning a new job i just couldnt go full bore..so i did the 2 dozen trap thing for awhile running them before work (im used to running 10-15 dozen traps in a day)and i soon found out that for me it just wasnt as enjoyable as the full bore system. it took me some time to get adjusted to the couple dozen trap idea and got used to it but even tho i was out there doing what i love it just wasnt as fullfilling to me because i always had it in my head that i was slacking..i wish you the best of luck ...

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks bobcat and walker. Luckily for me this is only my second season. I'm just learning and only had a dozen out last season. This season I was going to really work my K9 and mink, weasel sets, over about 300 combined acres. I'll stick to the 100 acres near me and do my checks early AM. Don't get me wrong I was geared up for trapping, early muzzleloader and late flintlock, hoping to fill the freezer and trap shed but I am pretty psyched about the new job. The bonus after training I may have an opportunity to live full time on a state park. How cool is that?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts