The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
found a lyman friz that is almost idenical to my thompson renagade but it is not exzact fit on my previous posts i was told some fitting is nessary. what is the best way file i dont want to grind and heat it up. man this is some hard steel and the fit seems different, cant tell for sure yet untill i get it in but not sure if it is going to cover pan like the old one. just some thoughts if you all dont mind,any way every one going out tomarrow have a good time and meery christmas to all.

·
Registered
245 Posts
i know lyman frizzen are much harder then newer T/C frizzen i had T/C firestorm and had the frizzen replaced with a lyman at Dixons. Gun was much better

·
Registered
695 Posts
A properly hardened frizzen will not be even be scratched by a file it will have to be stoned or ground. As long as it dosent get to hot to hold with bare hands you will not effect the hardness

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
I use a dremel tool and follow with a fine flat file with 220 [email protected] paper
just remove enough material to fit in the slot on the lock were the screw goes threw to hold the frizzen in place.
I have a lyman frizzen on all my t/c locks one lock must have close to 600 shots and still sparks like crazy

·
Registered
6,543 Posts
If I remember right you need to file on the side of the frizzen hinge point,toward the barrel.Little at a time and check fit often.You don't want it sloppy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts