The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sighted in my buddys parker. Let me tell you this thing is sweet. I have an excalibur and love that. But i would be very happy with the parker. all of the 5 bolts I shot at 40 yards had the veins touching.... i was imppressed with the performance of it...

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like both equeally. the only differences are the simplicity of the excalibur and the compactness of the parker. think the parker would be good fit for treestand hunting. Both shoot excellent. pretty sure it was the Buck Buster 175.... dont need a press to change string if i broke or cut it with broadhead ... so for ease of reapir in field the excalibure is nice...

·
Super Moderator
23,763 Posts
I have never had a string break on any of my bows and I been. Shooting since I was about 10 I am 40ish now.

·
Super Moderator
4,849 Posts
Me either but I would be willing to bet not too many compound strings were sent to Arrowhead for the serving deal he had.I sent one in for a Halo serving but I have an Excal and took of my old string and put on a new one to use while it was sent out.If you want to upgrade your string you can just buy it and do it yourself.I didn't buy an Excal because of that though,I like the recurve design and the quality of the product.Parker also has quality crossbows but something about Excal was for me.I let my son pick his own crossbow from two choices.Parker or Excal.He chose the Excal Axiom but I would surmise quite a bit of his decision was based on what dad has.

·
Super Moderator
23,763 Posts
Arrowhead changed my string about a month ago. I was out of action a whole 10 minutes and that's cause the power went out.

·
Super Moderator
4,849 Posts
I know he didn't charge you because you took your crossbow to him.He just charged you for the string because you bought the bow from him.You just happened to be at the same festival as him a gas tank away and a tank back.Did it take more than ten minutes to get there?Do you think a shop around here would have done it for free?Like I said I like Parkers.Don't think this is a peeing match.I kind of wish my son chose a Parker.Either one would have come from Arrowhead anyhow.That is where the Axiom came from.

·
Super Moderator
23,763 Posts
I could have gone locally. There are 2 shops close to me both about 10 to 15 minutes away. I like both brands also both top notch I just don't see changeing my own string as much of a issue.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts