The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
As I recall , Mountain House Chili,Chicken and Rice ,Spaghetti and Beef Stew were all tasty. After a long day on the trail pretty much anything will do ,but those stand out for me.

·
Registered
11,144 Posts
I have some Mountain House I can sell you. Didn't need all that I had while in Colorado. I picked out meals that rated well. Can't say that any of them were really bad.

Chicken & rice, spaghetti, Chicken Terayaki, Beef stroganoff were good. Couple others too.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
I don't carry much freeze dried food. I may take some if I plan on being on the move a ton, but I can't justify the cost.

I prefer kraft mac and cheese, lots of pasta, home made camp bread, along with some type of corned beef, spam, etc.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Just got back from hiking the Black Forest Trail. I took Mountain House for dinners and breakfast. It was very good. It had been a long time since I ate that type of food. Very impressed with it.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Mountain House has some excellent selections. If you're going to be burning a lot of calories, you can always heat up water and cook your own pasta and then add it to a Mountain House beef stew, beef stroganoff, chicken stew, etc.

·
Registered
982 Posts
One night I heated up some water and used a bag of store bought stuffing and mash potatoes and mixed them in a used Mountain House bag that I used the night before. Filled me up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts