The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We decided to give Freedom Hunters a snow goose hunt, figuring it was the least we could do. Boy did we ever have a blast, new found friendships were made and even had some birds cooperate. We had 3 young injured servicemen and the East Coast Coordinator along, as well as a young writer for Time Magazine to cover what the day unfolded.

Thank you young men!!!

The Freedom Hunters

The Time Magazine writer gathering her story.

Packing up

A little pr and thank you's

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Nice job on getting some servicemen out on a hunt. They are the whole reason we have our freedom.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
GHOSTHUNTER said:
Nice pictures! that seems like a lot of work for three geese though!
hey man, it's worth it to me if i just have birds WORK! shooting them is just the bonus of the whole experience. watching those geese lock and drop is what it;s all about, also setting dekes and waking up really early to do so is what waterfowling is ALL about. so IMO those three geese HAD to of been worth it by far for these guys! congrats!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The "work" is merely a small stepping stone in order to reap the reward, which in this instance was the not so easy task of having 3 wounded soldiers, (yes they all had injuries sustained in overseas operations) each shoot a decoying snow goose.
Add into the equation a not properly clothed for the rainy and windy conditions Time Magazine writer with her camera constantly clicking away when being told not to. Being a first time snow goose hunt for these "Freedom Hunters", it was not the easiest task to accomplish. However, being a part of this and watching these 3 young men, who I might add, gave some serious sacrifices for you and I, I would've worked many many more hours to see it all happen again. While I suppose 3 geese is not a lot in some folks eyes, these 3 geese were all these young men needed for the day.
Thank you again

1 - 14 of 14 Posts