The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It is not possible to overstate how awesome this is.

·
Registered
21,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you dont smile listening to this, you are a communist.

·
Registered
12,209 Posts
Long, long ago I lived in Switzerland for over two years. I had heard entertainiers in restaruaunts and bars there yodeling and it kind of weireded me out. But, once while on one of the frequent hikes I went on in the Bernese Alps with my Swiss girlfriend we heard yodeling from several alps. It was beautiful, wonderful and not at all weird. Then a few Alphorns chimed in and together with the yodeling it was truely an outstanding experience. I'll never forget that. My Swiss friend told me that yodeling and alphorns were still used by the farmers in the alps to comminicate over long distances. I hope cellphones have not ended that.

·
Registered
21,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
jimsdad said:
Long, long ago I lived in Switzerland for over two years. I had heard entertainiers in restaruaunts and bars there yodeling and it kind of weireded me out. But, once while on one of the frequent hikes I went on in the Bernese Alps with my Swiss girlfriend we heard yodeling from several alps. It was beautiful, wonderful and not at all weird. Then a few Alphorns chimed in and together with the yodeling it was truely an outstanding experience. I'll never forget that. My Swiss friend told me that yodeling and alphorns were still used by the farmers in the alps to comminicate over long distances. I hope cellphones have not ended that.
REEE-COLAAA!

·
Registered
52,306 Posts
This appears to be very much akin to the Carolina Hog calling contest that Johnny Carson used to entertain us with....

·
Registered
21,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
When is this going to stop being awesome? NEVER, that's when!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts