The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Overall, I am for deep shale gas extraction.

My biggest concerns when the Marcellus industry first took off were on the waste management side of things. Some of these concerns still exist, but big strides have been made by both regulators and the industry over the last 2 years to improve waste treatment, handling, and disposal procedures.

As with the extraction of any fossil fuels, there will always be some negatives associated with the process. While some residual harms remain present in the Marcellus industry that I believe are legitimate, many of them are short lived or grossly overstated by the media.

·
Registered
255 Posts
And what scientific studies do you recommend for the simple minded to read, that make you believe that the environmental impacts are short lived and overstated? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
pops83 said:
And what scientific studies do you recommend for the simple minded to read, that make you believe that the environmental impacts are short lived and overstated? Thanks!
I would suggest to start by re-reading my post and letting me know where I said 'the' environmental impacts are short lived and overstated. I should add that not all harms or concerns are strictly environmental.

There is no need to jump to conclusions on a very broad, vague statement I made.

I would recommend starting with PSU's Marcellus center website if you truly are interested in brushing up on some research. The options are limitless beyond that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts