The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a hellfire and was looking at the different sounds available and I love crow hunting and was wondering if anyone had downloaded these sounds and how you liked them. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
Not worth the money IMO....I have them, and I use 0 of them...

G

·
0 Posts
I did not hear the sounds but I think Bob Aronsohn may be the best crow hunter of all time.

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
Seeking_Coyotes2 said:
I did not hear the sounds but I think Bob Aronsohn may be the best crow hunter of all time.
Absolutely........I just have never had any luck using an of the calls in his pack......they are the same calls that he makes on the calling cd he sells...

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are they real crow sounds or is it him using his crow caller?

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
burninghxcsoul said:
It is him blowing a mouth call.....

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's what I figured. Thanks. I'll have to see if I can't find a sample online or something.

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
Buckshot1822 said:
burninghxcsoul said:
LOL really? He must be really good if he sounds better than a live crow.

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
Buk_Huntir said:
Buckshot1822 said:
burninghxcsoul said:
LOL really? He must be really good if he sounds better than a live crow.
He is the best crow hunter that has ever lived........he has killed over 150,000 crows in 40 years.......trust me, it is him blowing his mouth call.........you can check out his hand calling crows cd, it has all of the calls in the pack on it....

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hmmmm so basically from what I'm gathering, I should go to crowbusters.com, buy their Bob Aronsohn CD and Crow call combo that is cheaper than the foxpro call pack, and rip the sounds and put it on my foxpro... Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
You can buy the CD for 13 dollars at All Predator Calls..........

·
Banned
3,227 Posts
I talked with the guy for over an hour on the telephone one day. Nice guy.

Loves to shoot crows.
Loves to shoot pool for money.

His #1 tip to shooting crows

Hunt the flyways by the major roosts. The dude travels thousands of miles to shoot the largest roosts in the country. He did most of his shooting when the gasoline prices were not through the roof.

I sometimes use his sounds given specific circumstances and the times of the year.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm always on the look out for crows when I'm driving, kind of a habit I've developed since I started hunting them.

I imagine everything was cheaper back then haha. I read on a website that he shot over 800 crows and 1100 shells in one day. Even with 12 ga federal bulk packs that's still almost 300 bucks in ammo!!! I think my shoulder would give out at some point haha.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts